Pages

24 April 2011

The Royal Wedding Event at SNR

Today is the Third Day of FREEBIES at our Group at the SNR/Card Universe Site.

Today's FREEBIE is "Audrey the Bride" and she's only available TODAY, so hurry over to our Group Page and GRAB her before she's gone!

With our THIRD day and our THIRD FREEBIE we're also having a THIRD challenge: Use the Royal Colours: Red, White and Blue!

I finally got a chance to play with the FIRST freebie, that was offered Friday: "The Wedding Chapel". The challenge is to "Create Your Own Background".

I think this is quite possibly the "Sparkle-iest" card I have ever made! I put Versamark Ink on my Sizzix Diamonds embossing folder then embossed my background card stock. While the ink was still wet, I added Gold embossing powder and shook it off and heat embossed it! In real life, it is so sparkly and rich-looking!

The image is "The Wedding Chapel" from The Stamping Boutique. After I colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and cut it out, I sprayed it with my "Home-made" Shiimmer Mist using Gold Pearl Ex.

I cut the square frame out of my base with my Nesties, then flipped the cutout piece to back the iamge.

The sentiment is a stamp from a variety pack I bought a long time ago. The tag and bells were cut in SCAL. With all the noise about MTC lately, I have been using my SCAL more often and I still love it! MTC is great for all it's features, but SCAL has a special place for me too!

For such a simple card, it seems like this one took a long time to put together. I think it was all the embossing...



I am going to upload this card 
and I hope to see more entries 
getting posted soon!

Tracey has graciously offered 
a ton of TERRIFIC prizes 
including RUBBER STAMPS 
and a $20 Gift Certificate... 
it would just be silly to miss out 
on chance at such great prizes!!


By the way, I found the greatest site the other day, from another Blogger friend.
It's called "Stamping Vacation"! They have several monthly challenges and you can enter as many times as you like. All the entries are entered into a drawing at the end of the month for a Gift Certificate.
They have a bunch of challenges right now that I plan to play in, but  for this card, I'd like to enter it in their:

2 comments:

JLJ Designs said...

Shiny and pretty!

Jen

Christy Dillman said...

Love all the embossing, sparkly!

Hugs,
Christy

Post a Comment