Pages

12 October 2010

Whimsical Flowers







Something about this image is just so pleasing to the eye, don't you think?

This is the newest FREEBIE from Designed to Delight.
I am really having a lot of fun with their progressive challenge.
It started with one image and then, every week, just for playing, Faith sends another free image!
I've collected quite a few D2D images now, and each challenge has been great fun to play in!

AND!! The best part is, the Double Delight Challenges!!
After the D2D image is posted, each Saturday, they add a "twist" that works with the new image!
So! The freebie this week is the whimsical flowers and the "twist' is to use Green and Blue.

I saw this spotlight technique "somewhere" and it's been in the back of my mind just waiting for the perfect time to use it! I think these flowers worked out well! And the Cuttlebug "Swirls" folder seemed to match the swirls in the flower stems perfectly! YAY! I love it when it all comes together!

I used the Nesties Lookalike Font from LA's Cricut and SVG files to cut out the popped, colored part of the image and for the "deckled-looking" rectangle for the main image. If you haven't tried SCAL yet, there's a GREAT bundle package available that includes the entire Sure Cuts a Lot software package (with an entire LIBRARY of pre-set images and shapes) along with a FULL SET of Cri-Kits pens and a BONUS pack of 2 swirl Cri-Kits!!

If you're like me (a Font Junkie), you probably have a few hundred fonts installed in your computer! Wouldn't it be GREAT to use them with your Cricut to create labels, tags, sentiments, and anything you want? Well, that's EXACTLY what Sure Cuts a Lot can do!! You don't have to be stuck with the phrases and fonts with no shadows that are on your Cricut Cartridges! With SCAL, you can cut virtually ANY font, at ANY size. You can weld, flip, rotate, resize, shadow and outline to your heart's content!

LOVE IT!!!

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions!!! I'm happy to help!!



Bundle Package Deal: Sure Cuts A Lot 2 software [Learn more...]
1 Cri-Kits Pen Kit (10 pens + pen carrier/holder) [Learn more...]
Choose from 4 sets of pens (Reg/Neon, Metallic, Glitter, or Pastel) 1 FREE 2 pack of swirl pens [Learn more...]
Bundle with Sure Cuts A Lot
$107.28 $79.95 (Special Bundle Price)

5 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD! I love it! Like your spotlighting, I like that technique, haven't used it in awhile. Thanks for playing along this week at Designed 2 Delight!

Lorie said...

Oh, this is so pretty! You did a great job with the challenge!

Sherrie Conner said...

Love the spotlight technique! Great job! So glad to see you again this week at the Designed2Delight Challenge!! :)

Faith S. said...

Oh, I LOVE how you used the spotlight technique on this!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love the clean look of your card today! Beautiful job with the spotlighting technique, I've never tried it but I might with your inspiration!

Post a Comment