Pages

11 October 2010

Digis With Attitude! Gretchen with Make our Mark Sentiment

This sexy red-head is named Grumpy Gretchen!
She is one of the NEW Digis With Attitude! from Cindy-Lynn at My Inkie Fingers!
You have GOT to go check out the Grumpy Gretchens!
They're sassy and sultry and oh, so sexy!!
The NEW challenge for the Digis with Attitude! has just been posted
and there is a FREEBIE Grumpy Gretchen up for grabs to play with!

The challenge this week is "Use Metal"! 

When I first saw the challenge, I was a little perplexed because I really don't have anything "metal" in my bins!

Then I remembered the drawer full of Aluminum Foil in the kitchen!
Threw a few pieces in the Sizzix Big Kick with a few different embossing plates to see what would happen...
Turns out it looks pretty cool, so I went with it!

I colored Gretchen with my Prismacolor pencils, cut her out with a small rectangle Nestie, matted her and the sentiment on red for a little spark of color to offset the shimmery foil, arranged my embossed pieces of foil and called it a day!

The challenge this week at For Fun Challenges is to "use something you have never used before".
I can definitely say without a doubt that I have never made a greeting card out of foil!

And over at Making Our Mark she has offered up five days of sentiment freebies.
Her only request is that after using one of the freebie sentiments and posting it for the challenge,
the card is to be mailed to a real-life inspirational person!

Well, considering the "naughty" tone of the image and sentiment, there is one person I can think of that would truly appreciate this card. And the bonus factor: she was recently offered a promotion at work and will start training for her new position in November! She's well on her way to "Making History"! And she has been my friend and inspiration for over 15 years!! We met in 1993 and instantly bonded and have been besties ever since! Through good times and not so good, we have stuck together and thru it all, always find a way to laugh about it for HOURS on the phone afterwards!! Love you, Curley-girl!!

So, this has turned into a long post. Thanks for sticking with me this far!

Make sure you take a few minutes to check out the Digis with Attitude! and the For Fun Challenges!









Bundle Package Deal: Sure Cuts A Lot 2 software [Learn more...]
1 Cri-Kits Pen Kit (10 pens + pen carrier/holder) [Learn more...]
Choose from 4 sets of pens (Reg/Neon, Metallic, Glitter, or Pastel) 1 FREE 2 pack of swirl pens [Learn more...]
Bundle with Sure Cuts A Lot
$107.28 $79.95 (Special Bundle Price)

7 comments:

JLJ Designs said...

Love the card! Aluminum foil would never have occurred to me - I always avoid the metal challenges. Very creative! I love the sentiment and the image.

Jennifer

My Inkie Fingers said...

Ubber cool card Stacie! Love the foil and the textures! Gretchen looks totally fab!

Thanks for playing in the Digi's With Attitude! Challenge this week =)

(((Hugs)))

paper fun said...

I love the use of foil. You certainly used meal in your project. LOL I love it. It is a really nice effect.
Your story about your friend is to touching. She must be a very special lady.
Thanks for joining us at Digi's with Attitude! I hope to see more of your work at our challenge again.

Mari

Viv said...

Wow! What a great idea! And you're right, it looks pretty cool! Fab card and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude! Viv x

dragonllew said...

Wow I love the foil and your colouring is fab thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude!
Jenny x

Juanita said...

Very cool card, love the textured "metal". Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude! Challenge.

Louise F NZ said...

Awesome Card, the tinfoil looks fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with us for our very first Digi's With Attitude! Challenge.

Post a Comment