Pages

30 August 2011

Long Time No Sea

Well Hello There!!
WOW! It's been so long since I've had anything to post!
Huckleberry Pie Goes Fishing from Fresh Brewed Designs
My mother-in-law came to visit for a week. She arrived on Wednesday.
That Sunday, MY parents flew into town!
With overlapping visits from all of our parents, finding crafty time 
was "challenging" to say the least!

Then Irene stopped by to visit, shortly after the Earthquake...

It's just been non-stop crazy around here!

So, I am SUPER-excited to be able to share Huck with you today!
I made this card for the Fresh Brewed Designs "Emboss It!" Challenge,
which started last Wednesday and ends TOMORROW!!

I used Cuttlebug "Swirls" for the water
Sizzix "Diamonds" for the "sky" and
Zing Clear Embossing Powder for the Hook.
Unfortunately, I asked DH to help me tie the hook
onto the fishing line... he tore it :(
We tried to salvage it, but it still looks a little mangled...
probably have to make a new one
without his help this time!

If you follow the FBD Blog, you'll know that there is a Tab at the top of the page
with sneak peaks of all our up-coming challenges!
So you know that tomorrow starts a new challenge, and it's a good one!

And!!!


I have the new set of Fresh Brewed Rubber Stamps
and TRUST ME
You will want to mark your calendar for September 8th
to stop back and check it out!!!

There is SO MUCH coming up for September
this could turn into a marathon post
to mention it all...

So for now, I'll stop here
with a gentle nudge... hurry back for more news!! (-:

And thanks for visiting today!

Challenges:
Paper Playtime, #54 Stamping Monday, vacation Projects
2 Sisters, Boys and their Toys
Challenge Up Your Life, Something for a Man
Color Me Creative Classroom, Copic Challenge Group, This is a brand new group I just joined, but since I started using Copics about 2 weeks ago, I can see I have a lot to learn and this seems like a great place to get the info I need!
Crazy 4 Challenges, Male Themed Cards
My Sheri Crafts, Vacation




18 comments:

Tana said...

What a fun card! I love how you embossed the sky and sea. Hopefully your life will slow down soon. :) Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
Tana @ A Caffeinated Crafter

downrightcrafty said...

this is a beautiful creation for our theme of "In the Sea" at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. Thank yo for joining us
Hugs Kate xx
PS. I have candy if you are interested :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

How adorable and you know I totally love anything to do with water and fishing.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

IT HAS been a crazy few weeks hasn't it?!?!

Stacie girl!
I LOVE this card!!! I just sent a card to my FIL today using this image :D

What a CUTE sentiment and I love the real fishing line. I love how you and your hubby worked together ;) it all turned out perfectly in the end :D

I am smiling from ear to ear about your shout out. You are so right... we have a wonderfully busy month ahead. I can't wait!!!

Time to PARTY Fresh Brewed Style!!! :D

Curly said...

OMG this is one very beautiful card, fabulous image and colour theme, its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 149 In The Sea
I hope you join us again next week,

I also have a little bit of Calorie free Candy if you are interested but be quick today is the last day.

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "In the Sea" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

JustYolie said...

Cute card...looking forward to the stamp release blog hop! :)

VanessaB said...

soooo cute! love the colors and the fishing line and what a great sentiment for that image. great card! :)

darcy48 said...

Fab card and love the sentiment. Arlinex

Annette said...

Perfect sentiment, love the cute image. Thanks for joining our Boys and their Toys challenge at 2 Sisters this week. Annette xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Stacie,
What a image. Love all the aqua hues too. It looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Glenda said...

Very cute! Love the image! Thanks for playing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Sheri said...

SO CLEVER! Great card with great colors! Thanks for joining us this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

Dawn said...

Adorable card! Thank you for joining in at Paper Playtime!

Maria Matter said...

adorable hun! love the play on words!
Thank you for playing along @ Paper Playtime!
hugs

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the punny sentiment.

Manuela said...

Great card! I like the colours, fantastic :)
Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life!

KristyLee said...

I really like your Sea themed Huck card! What a wonderful job you did on this. It's so cute and PRETTY at the same time!
Peace,
Kristy

Post a Comment