Pages

28 June 2011

My FIRST album

Good morning, Bloggy Friends!
Yes Yes, I am still here... but with the 'lil ones home for summer vacation, time on the computer is a precious commodity! Today, I have a few pictures to share that are really exciting to me!
I have never made an album of any sort. I have about 300 files on my computer with templates and tips and tutorials and I have just never done it... call me chicken, I suppose...
But Dardi, from DtsArt threw down the gauntlet and challenged us to create an album using her "Growing Pedal" album... who am I to refuse a challenge?
And believe it or not, once I got started, I had an absolute ball with this project!
A good friend of mine is having a baby (she's due in August) and this album is going to be for her. We know it's a girl, but they're keeping her name a secret!
I have used Dardi's "Pedal Growing Flower Album" SVG for the entire album... there are THIRTEEN pages altogether! Each page adds one petal, so at the end the last page has petals all the way around! It's a cute concept and one I haven't seen before!
To decorate the pages, I have used a variety of SVG files from DtsArt, Lettering Delights and SVGCuts.com.
Bath Time
Each page has a "Theme" with space for photos or journaling, whichever Mommy-to-Be decides to do.
I have not yet finished all 13 pages, but I'm going to show you a few of the pages that are my favorites so far!
Since I took these pictures, I have made a few structural changes and when I get it ALL done, I'll post final pictures. 
Sleepy Time
I added eyelets on the holes to give it more stability and because my eyelets are too small for the book rings in these photos, I have had to come up with another ring system. I found some thin hoop earrings in the jewelry-making section of the store and tried those, but they're a little small, so the album doesn't quite close flat, so I'm still looking for a ring that's thin enough for the eyelets and big enough for all the pages.
Any suggestions?
Daddy Time
This is my favorite page so far! Daddy-to-Be is a professional pilot and flies private, chartered flights for the rich and famous! When I saw the Aviator Bear in the Jonathan's Bears collection from SVGCuts.com, I knew  it was going to be included in their album, for the "Daddy Time" page. I love her pink outfit and the little pink "wings" on the photo page!
I included this photo, even though it's very similar to the first, because it shows how each page progressively has one more petal... with thirteen pages, that's a LOT of cutting! I cut the base out of a giant white poster board then cut 2 of each page in my pretty papers... and of course now that I want to tell you where I got the papers, I can't find the package it came in!

Overall, this album is a fun project and as each page comes together, I love it just a little bit more!
Yes, it's pretty time consuming to do the base and pages, but once it's decorating time, it's a BLAST!!




3 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the flower shaped album. TFS.

MiamiKel said...

Oh be still my heart, how cute is this!! What a sweet and fun and creative lil album - perfect in colors and design! This is just too, too cute!!! x0x0

Stephanie said...

You did so great on this!

Post a Comment