Pages

01 June 2011

I Just Couldn't "Resist"


When I saw the new challenge for the
is going to be 
"For the Guys"
I HAD to try out this new technique!
It's not a new technique,
but it's new to ME!!
It's called "Emboss Resist"
I stamped my image
from Fresh Brewed Designs,
and my sentiment from the 
Let's Communicate Collection from Amber Ink,
with Versamark ink and heat embossed it 
with clear embossing powder.
After it cooled, I sponged blue, green and purple ink
over the entire surface of my card stock
then wiped the ink off the embossed image.
LOVE IT!!
Not bad for a first attempt, if I do say so myself!

What guy could possibly refuse THAT invitation?

Challenges:
Sweet stamps, Masculine
Craft Your Passion, What a Guy
Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight, Challenge Yourself
My Partner in Crafting Crime, Uncolored Image. I hope my card qualifies, as I did not color my stamped image, but I did use colored inks for the background (?)
2 Sisters, Anything Goes
CES Challenges, Embossing
Drunken Stampers, Magic (I think it's pretty magical how the image appears in white after it's covered in colored inks!)



6 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

NOT BAD??? GIRL, this is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE your colors and how marbled / cloudy it looks. I know that you must have had alot of fun making this!!! I smile looking at it and thinking about it. I have not done that technique in a LONG time and that was when I did not know what I was doing :D so I say it is worth another try :)

I LOVE that you made a sassy guy card! :) I was wondering if anyone would ;). Leave it to my Stacie :D hahahaha!!!

Thanks girl, for all you do, even when we stumble over each other.;) I appreciate you :)

HUGS And have a lovely week
Heather

Donna said...

What a beautiful card Stacie, your emboss resist technique is amazing, thanks for joining in with us at CES :) Donna x

Linda Anderson said...

Oh how fun Stacie!!!!! Isn't it wonderful pulling out techniques we've never done before!! Even better when they work!!!! And your's ROCKED!!

Linda

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WOW great card & I can't believe this is your first attempt..You rocked it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion & CES Challenges, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

Yor have done a superb job & should be proud of yourself it's a lovely card, thanks for sharing at MPCC. Janet

Robin said...

Great technique and image!! Thanks so much for playing in our uncoloured image challenge at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Post a Comment