Pages

12 February 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!


I am having a BALL this week!
I have broke out the Cricut more this week than I've had a chance to do in months!!!


I found a "Survivor" logo online and used it to trace out my "modified" version in Inkscape. I broke out the torch the guy is usually holding and replaced it with a little cake...Then I imported it into MTC to cut it out. 


Wrapped around a little band of twine for that rough, exotic island feel, layered it all together and printed the sentiment inside! Long set up, but easy assembly, now that the file is made!


There is a FREE font I found online called "Survivor font" that I used for all the words... anyone who watches Survivor will probably recognize my "alteration" of the Survivor tagline ("Out Play, Out Wit, Out Last") Well, since my mom is turning 62 and always makes a point of sending cards about how "old" I'm getting, I made all the words past tense


She'll get it! And I think she'll find it amusing! She's a Survivor junkie like me and we're just waiting for Redemption Island to get started!






Here is the inside.




If you want the "Survivor Modified Logo" file, let me know and I'll zip it up and share it!


Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment