Hello to my friends and followers!
This will be a short post, as I have just returned to NC from our Thanksgiving trip to Rochester, NY.
It was a LONG drive (12 hours one way!).
The trip was difficult and we do not plan to stay home for long. It is only a matter of time before we will have to go back! :-(
My husband's father has Kidney Cancer and has been placed in Hospice Care.
That means that he has opted to refuse all hospital tests and treatments and has decided to go home for his Final Journey!
They have set up a temporary hospital bed and breathing apparatus for him in their living room.
The nurses project that he won't make it thru this week!
We are hoping he can hold on long enough to see his sister, who is flying in from Las Vegas.
Our boys are confused and sad and it has been hard for them to see him laying there all broken and worn out!
And DH accepts that it is beyond his control to "fix" it, but losing his father is very hard for him!
We appreciate all your kind words, phone calls and prayers!!
I will try to "re-focus" and put up MUCH more cheerful news over the next few days.
But using my blog seemed to most efficient way to reach everyone...
Contact me by email
All photos of projects are coypright property of Hestia's Helper. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2012 (43)
- ► 2011 (194)
- I Love me some Amber Ink iPapers!
- Rough Week!
- Wacky Wednesday Challenge #3: Trim My Tree!
- Fresh Brewed For You!!
- Amber Ink InKredible 21 Day Challenge~ Runs Nov 23...
- Fun with NEW Amber Ink Sets!
- The Stamping Boutique Thanksgiving Blog Hop
- How Perfect!
- New Challenges to Enter
- Christmas Party !!
- OWH Blog Hop: Proud to be TSB and FBD!!
- PARTY tonite! Hop Tomorrow!
- Oh My!! I'm so LUCKY!!!
- It's WACKY WEDNESDAY again!!!
- There's a Party Brewing!!
- You Rock!!
- Stamping Dragon Penny with Presents for I Did It C...
- The Stamping Boutique: Christmas Popcorn
- Tiny the Turkey
- Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
- A Chance to WIN an ENTIRE SET of PROMARKERS!!!
- The Latte Lounge Digi Paper Challenge #1
- ▼ November (22)