Pages

28 May 2010

For Jayme


From Lisa at Stamped Art by Lisa C
I am having a special event for my sister Jayme. She is in her early 50's and has terminal lung cancer. To make it worse, her sweet dachshund Molly passed away a couple weeks ago. Today we learned her cancer has spread to several other areas and her time is running out. I am asking for all my card making friends to send her a fun card...not really get well cards obviously, but something pretty or funny that will make her smile. She is a frog collector so frog cards would be awesome!
I felt compelled to send a card to Jayme. I think anyone would after reading her story!

 The inside reads: "Greetings! This little froggy has traveled all the way from North Carolina to see you today"


Here's the front of my card:

 The little pack of maps was something I had from "Who-Knows-Where".

The stamp "A Happy Hello" came from The Angel Company in a pack I received from a blog-friend a few months ago.


The frog I chose, I created in Inkscape. I cut him out with SCAL and put him on a Pop-Up Card using the tutorial provided by Susan BlueRobot here.

The card base is glitter green paper I won from Joy's Life last week! (YAY for Me!!) She has the BEST give-a-ways!! Check out her new set of stamps! She's going to Give A Way a whole set!!

I'm just learning the art of stamping and the wonderful things that can be accomplished with an ink pad! WOW!! Fun Fun Fun!

I have always loved coloring and my mom still has some of the pictures I colored for her as a kid... Who knew as a mom, I'd get to do it all over again!?! (Hubby calls it "Just more stuff to buy"- what does HE know?)

2 comments:

SusanBluerobot said...

Great card and thanks for the link back to my blog

Joy said...

I love your card! I'm saying a prayer for your sister. :)Joy

Post a Comment