Pages

06 July 2011

Meatball Makeover


I just love that title!
That is the name of the image I used in today's card!
and it's available now at the Fresh Brewed Shop!

Since it's Wednesday, it's time for a new challenge

And this is the start of the Month Long Challenge!
That means real, live in-the-mail prizes for the winner!

I honestly had a blast with this card!
The image cracked me up the minute I saw it!
She's just so darn cute!
this is one of those cards that just put itself together!

The challenge is to create a card using:
2 patterned papers
2 shapes
and 
2 embellishments

My patterned papers are from the DCWV School Days pack.
My shapes are a Star and a Circle
and my embellies are buttons tied with embroidery thread.

The banner and "birthday" text were written with my Cri-Kits pens
and the banner is from SVGCuts.com "Day at the Carnival"

I tried to color the Meatball to look like a traditional spicy meatball,
like my Grammy used to make!
I tell ya, getting that color combo isn't very easy!
No one in the world makes meatballs like my Grammy!
She is an "old skool" cook who actually tasted the raw meat mixture
before making and cooking the meatballs...
I think she finally quit doing that with all the scare about raw meat,
but there's nothing on this planet like sinking your teeth 
into one of her meatballs!
YUM!!






4 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a fun card!!! Good luck in the challenge!

Cheryl First said...

Raw meat....ewwwwww!! lol! I had an aunt that liked to eat ram hamburger..ick!
Great card! Love the coloring....turned out meaty-licious!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh I could not imagine tasting the meat prior to cooking. I find that making PERFECT meatballs are one of the trickiest of foods. I am getting so hungry thinking about your Grammys. I'll bet they were AMAZING!!!

Your card is ADORABLE!!! I love how you colored her. I actually squealed when I saw this :D Great papers, shapes and embellies for this challenge. You rocked it lady!!!

Have a wonderful night.

HUGS!!!

Cheryl said...

Fun card! It totally made me smile!


Thank you for posting my blog candy in your side bar. Good luck in the draw!

Post a Comment