Pages

04 July 2011

Happy 4th of July

Happy July 4th!
Today, as Americans, we celebrate
our Freedom and Independence!

Speaking of FREE!
It's a good day to visit the 

It's Monthly Mocha Manic Monday
and that means a FREEBIE!

But hurry over, because it's only available 
TODAY!!

And while you're there,
it's a great time to take advantage of the great sale!

The sale ends tomorrow night at midnight!

ALL digis in the kids section are 40% off
All handmade embellishments are 40% off
All unmounted rubber stamps are 30% off 

I used the Mocha Manic Freebie for my card today
and I have to say, I'm really happy with how it turned out!

There is a Month Long Challenge at the Fresh Brewed Designs
The challenge this month is to use a sketch and any 2 embellishments
with a Fresh Brewed image.
I flipped the sketch over and made a "spit ball" flower
and a leafy swirl flourish for my two embellies.
The image is paper pieced and colored with Prismacolor Pencils.

You're probably thinking, "EEW... a spit ball flower!?!"
I don't know what else to call them!

I punched a 1" scalloped flower 3 times
spritzed the pieces with water and rolled them up into little balls
(they look like spit balls).
After they're dried, unravel them, add a brad thru the center 
and they turn out really pretty!

Yep... spit ball flowers! Yum! (-;

Hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July!!

Challenges for this card:
Digi Design House, Handmade Flower, week 2



4 comments:

Michelle Single said...

Loving that flower and the sparkly vine!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Lol, you're so funny. I just love the "spit ball" flowers. What a great card. Thanks for the heads up on the great freebie.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Really pretty red white and blue paper. And your spit ball flower is awesome - I've also called them that - LOL. Wonderful entry into the flourish challenge. Thanks so much for taking our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Cheryl said...

Ooooh! I love the paper piecing and flower. Fabulous card!

Post a Comment