Pages

11 November 2012

Anything Goes this week at Robyn's Fetish

This week, the challenge at the Robyn's Fetish Blog is ANYTHING GOES!
I just love "Anything Goes", because it means I don't have any rules!!




Our sponsor this week is Robyn's Fetish and
we got to pick any image we wanted from the RF Shop.

The first thing I thought of when I saw "Prissy Poinsettia" was decoupage

How ironic that Sue's Craftworld Tutorial last week was how to do this! 

I had already created my card when her tut was posted,
but the timing could not have been more perfect!!!

It saves me a lot of time explaining how I did it! 
Just click the link to Sue's tutorial...
that is exactly the same technique I used for this poinsettia!!


I did cut a few shapes with my Eclips: 

the Scalloped Square from SVGCuts Nested Lacey Shapes
the Doily from SVGCuts Doilies SVG Collection,
and the tag from the ECal library. 

A little green for the leaves, some gold Stickles for the berries and around the doily tips,
the background is a Sizzix embossing folder (I think it's called "frosty" or something like that),
and some glitter tape from my friend Cori at Gingersnap Scraps... 

I can't say this was "easy", because fussy-cutting those flower petals was pretty time consuming,
but it was definitely not "difficult"!
It was fun and I think it turned out looking pretty classy and elegant
for some plain white paper and glitter glue!  (-:

9 comments:

valou250809 said...

Your card is magnificent Satcy! Your cutting is royal and your glittering card! I adore!

Marlene Atkinson said...

Your card is stunning Stacie, gorgeous colours. Marlene (RF DT Sister)

Michelle said...

I love the poinsettia. It turned out beautiful. There is a lot of detail in this card. It is very elegant. Great Job!!

Michelle (Design Team Sister)

Edwina said...

Stacie, This card is gorgeous! I love it! Love the colors you used. The Doilie and frame really dress up the card. thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown
There is an award on my blog for you. http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/

Sue Nicholson said...

Hi Stacie, beautiful card, thanks for the tutorial mention, means a lot. Cheers Sue x

Diane said...

Just gorgeous Stacie !!

hugs Diane xx

Unknown said...

It must have taken a lot of time to put all this together to this stunning card. Thank you for taking a little of your time and visit my blog and it is really nice to be in the DT with you. See you!

Crea-Sandra said...

Wow, you really made the poinsetta pop!! Gorgeous card, and I love the doily!
Hugs Sandra (DT-sis)

Liliya said...

Stacie, your card is stunning!! With all the embossing, and a lace, and a doily, and brilliant idea with poinsettia, it looks simple and fabulous at the same time!!
Hugs, Lilia (DT Sister)

Post a Comment